TUALATIN VALLEY GLEANERS
THIS PAGE (about TVG) IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Our mission in the community:
Is to help people help themselves to meet the needs of their households by the following:
- To provide food, aid and other assistance to the low-income, disabled, children and elderly in the Tualatin Valley, Oregon area.
Tualatin Valley Gleaners is a supplemental food program serving the greater Washington County Area, made up of low-income members of the community working together in collaboration to promote food security for all. The TVG incorporated in 2005 and began their mission of providing a stable way for families in need to access quality nutritious foods on a weekly basis.
- Our clients gain more than just food by attending the gleaners each week. We focus on dignity and compassion for others in need. By offering a variety of information and services, we are hoping to provide the members with stability and tools for self-sufficiency in their lives.
- Gleaning experiences
- Weekly Food Support for low-income individuals
- Gardening education at the Giving Gardens - Beaverton Oregon
- Cooking and Food Preservation Classes
- Harvesting through nature - Farm2Forest, Tree Harvesting
- SNAP- Housing- Health Insurance information/referral
- Advocacy skills to promote independence
- Holiday Program for budget success
- Work experience through volunteering in various positions
- Letters of work recommendations (after completing volunteer requirements)
- Civil Rights and Discrimination video training
- Food Safety Training
- A strong local community support group
Come See Us :
9100 SW Wilshire St.
Portland, OR 97229